Sunday, December 1, 2013

Day 335: Holiday Mail For Heroes

Happy December everyone! Isn't it crazy that we only have one month left in the year? I can't believe that in 30 short days I will have completed my goal of 365 days of kindness! Eek! However, before I celebrate, I have 31 days- including today- to really spread some holiday cheer and make a difference.

We all know that Christmas is quickly approaching and another day to gather with loved ones. Unfortunately, not everyone gets to come home for the holidays. Those who have selflessly chosen to defend our country, will be doing just that and will not get to come home just yet. Well, I wanted to send a little love and appreciation to our soldiers, so I found several holiday cards to send their way. A while back I found a website with an address to send your holiday mail to. This organization will send on your letters and make sure they get in the hands of our heroes.The address is listed below.

Holiday Mail For Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capital Heights MD 20791-5456
        

I may not have written a lot in each card, but I was sure to express my gratitude and appreciation in each one. Even if one person is able to draw encouragement from a card, then my job will be done. Hopefully the grateful note from home will be a reminder to those serving, how much our country loves and supports them. I encourage you to write a letter as well. I think we'd all be amazed how far a positive letter goes. If you would like to write a letter, I would also encourage you to do it soon, seeing as it has a long ways to travel! 

God bless,
Kailee 

No comments:

Post a Comment