Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Day 344: Brighten My Roommates Day

The thing about life is it is unpredictable. There are the ups and there are downs that we all must go through. We all know this. However, when something unfortunate takes place unexpected, I think it almost always takes us by surprise.

Last night, one of my roommate's cars was broken into. Both fortunately and unfortunately, the only thing actually stolen was her purse…and all it's content. To add to it, the thief not only stold her purse, but then proceeded to clean her bank account out. She spent all day talking to her banks, the police and the credit card companies. Obviously, no one deserves this and I felt so bad for her.
                                           

I wanted her day to be a little brighter, so I decided to surprise her. With no money, it's a little hard to buy food, so I brought home dinner. Then, I left a card on her bed with a Starbucks gift card in it. I know that if something terrible like this happened to me, I wouldn't expect anything from anyone, but I would definitely appreciate it. I hope my mission was accomplished and I was able to, if even for a second, make her day better.

God bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment