Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Day 351: Paid A Stranger's Layaway

"He puzzled and puzzled til his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. Maybe Christmas, he thought…doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps…means a little bit more!"

This is one of my favorite quotes from the Grinch. With Christmas ads springing up around us as soon as the day after Halloween, it is sometimes hard to forget that Christmas is not all about buying and gifts and presents. This is something I think I've started to learn as I get older. For me, it is about the birth of our Savior, my family and friends and about giving back.

Today, I hope I was able to suppress the thought of gifts and materials with my act of kindness. Each year around this time, stores like Walmart and Toys R Us do layaways for the copious amounts of toys they sell. With the other stresses of the holidays, I thought it would be nice to relieve some stress for someone by paying a complete stranger's layaway.
                                             
I was near Toys R Us, so I walked inside and explained what I was hoping to do. The two employees behind the desk were very helpful and I think a little shocked by what I was asking. When the idea finally clicked with one of the girls she said, "Oh, that is so kind," and proceeded by printing out someone's layaway receipt.

I have no idea who the person was or what they bought, but I am hoping that it makes their christmas a little more merry.

God bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment