Saturday, September 28, 2013

Day 271: #AJO

My mom sent me this story earlier that I just had to share. Recently, a young girl passed away from epilepsy and all she wanted the morning she passed away was get a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. After she passed and her parents were able to properly grieve, they wanted to give back in honor of her. They went to Starbucks and paid for the next 40 people in like and wrote #AJO (Alyssa Josephine O'Neil) on each cup. The employees at Starbucks were so touched by the gesture that they handed out 50 additional drinks for free all with #AJO on them. To read the full story, click here.
To keep the movement going, I went to Starbucks and explained the story to the employee. I asked for her to write #AJO on my cup. In addition, I bought a drink for the person behind me and again asked if they could write #AJO on it. I don't know if the person behind me will ask about it or even notice. No matter, I was still able to honor a complete stranger whose family is on the other side of the country and  is trying to make a difference. All because a sweet girl wanted a pumpkin spice latte. 

I strongly strongly encourage you try it. Keep the #AJO movement going!

God bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment