Sunday, September 8, 2013

Day 251: Grandparents Day

In 1978, President Jimmy Carter officially proclaimed the Sunday after Labor Day 'Grandparents Day.' Today, happens to be that day. This is solely a day to recognize our loved ones who are always there to give us an extra hug or an bake us something scrumptious. I know that my grandparents have fortunately played a large role in my life and have taught me so much about life. When I was younger and my parents were working, my grandparents played babysitter and I loved spending time with them. 

I am sad to say that I have lost both of my grandpas, but today I am thinking about them and thanking God for the time I was able to spend with them both. I am so blessed to still have both of my grandmas with me. A few days ago, I found the perfect cards to send my grandmas. I wrote them each a little note and sent them off. Hopefully, they received their cards and know that today more than ever I am thinking about them and appreciate all they have done! God bless grandparents! Love you Grammy and Grandma Dot.
                                         

Much love,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment