Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 245: Help An Expecting Mother

A while back, I was going through a winning streak of raffles and ended up winning a $10 gift card to Pipsqueaks. I was so excited that I actually won something, but the problem was Pipsqueaks is a child's boutique. Since I am clearly not pregnant nor do I know anyone who is having a child soon, I was at a loss.
Well, the other day I was at the mall and ran into a girl working in Penny's who was indeed pregnant. After coming home from my shopping escapade, I realized that I still had the unused gift card. I thought to myself that the young expecting mother could use the gift card a lot more than me. Today, since there were many Labor Day sales, I returned to the mall. I returned with two missions in mind. One was a price adjustment on the clothes I had bought on the prior trip and second was to find the girl and give her the gift card. 

I was successful in both tasks. When I was finally able to find her and explain what was happening, she was, well...dumbfounded. She was very grateful and I could tell that it had taken her by surprise. It was so fun to see the look on her face and help a young mother out. I hope she can find it useful.

God bless,
Kailee


No comments:

Post a Comment