Monday, September 9, 2013

Day 252: Drive For Dollars

A few days ago, I wrote my blog on wearing orange to urge others to donate to local food banks. This being the case because September is National Hunger Action Month. Today, the family and I went to Papa John's to pick up pizza and we saw this can sitting out at the cash register. The note on the can was titled 'Drive For Dollars' and explained,
"Thank you for helping feed hungry people in our community. Every $1 donated provides 6 pounds of food for hungry children, families and seniors." 
 I would still like to donate food to a food bank, but of course I had to donate a $1 here. The fact that a dollar, which so many people take for granted, can provide a good amount of food for a hungry family is incredible. Can you give a dollar today or even this month?
                                              

God bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment