Sunday, June 16, 2013

Day 167: Father's Day Ft...My Father

Happy Father's Day to the all the Dads out there, but most importantly my Daddy! For those of you who have never met my father, you are missing out. He is one of the hardest working men (if not the hardest) that I have ever met. He has always taught me that I can do anything I set my mind to, but it's going to take some hard work and determination. But, at the same time he always reminds me to, "just have fun Kailee Dunn!"
                         

No matter the situation, sport and now even pageant, my dad has always been my biggest fan. If it was a sport he and my mom would be there cheering me on, giving me a pep talk and giving me advice on what to change if I made a mistake. However, now that the sports ship has sailed, my dad has wonderfully taken on a new role like a champion...pageant dad. Like so many other Dads, he had no idea what we were or I should say what he was getting into, but oh has he learned! He is there 100% of the time to remind me to be myself and have faith in myself. And once in awhile he will even give me advice on hairstyles, wardrobe choices and show me how to walk. ;) Whatever I need, he is my rock.  I believe I have excelled in extra curricular activities because he has always given me and my brother such an incredible example to follow. 
                           

In celebration of him, I decided to surprise him with Mariners tickets! My dad was a baseball superstar and played in college. He coached my brother when he was younger and continued to play in a softball league with his buddies. He really enjoys the game and I can't wait to spend the day with the him and the fam watching a game we all enjoy!

P.S. For every Wendy's frosty sold today 50 cents will be donated to foster children. Dave Thomas' daughter created this idea in his honor because he had a heart for foster kids.

God bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment