Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 160: Rekindled A Friendship

As my first year comes to a close at Eastern, I look back at the incredible people and adventures I have been blessed with. There are so many new friends I have made this year, but there are also many relationships that I was able to mend and replenish. One of the disadvantages about going to a school so close to home is that there are, 100%, going to be people you went to high school with. And, in my situation there were a good number of us that came from the same high school. This may bother some, but for me it has been great.

For example, just this evening I was at a BBQ and had a great conversation with a girl that I went to elementary school with. We have always been cordial, but have never really talked or hung out. Because we go to the same school, we were able to have that conversation and get to know each other again. Its funny how you can know someone for years and never really take the time to KNOW the person. If you give it a chance, it really may amaze you. Overall it was an incredible evening and I could not have asked for a better end to an incredible year.

No comments:

Post a Comment