Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 155: Chipped In For Kids To Go To Camp

Finals, finals, finals...you got to love them, but boy do they take up a lot of time. With that said, I need to keep this short. Today, Brooke Burke-Charvet tweeted about an opportunity to donate a few dollars so that children with cancer could attend summer camp. You can learn more and donate by clicking here. Below is an excerpt taken from the website written by Brooke:
Sunrise Day Camp is the first and only full summer dedicated day camp in the nation for children with cancer and their siblings. Sunrise and its year round programs are offered free of charge on a non-sectarian basis. Our programs are designed to meet the emotional, social, recreational and physical needs of the children while allowing them to continue their medical treatment and enjoy the comfort and safety of their own homes at night. Children, who are often isolated from the normal experiences of childhood due to their disease – now have found a community that offers them not only a summer camp experience, but year round programs all offered completely free of charge.
As a cancer survivor myself and a mommy of 4, this camp both breaks and warms my heart. But the work this camp does – both in the summer and throughout the year – is indisputable. Sunrise gives back laughter, Sunrise gives back joy . . .Sunrise gives back hope.

As the new Celebrity Spokesperson for Sunrise, I am proud to add my name and my energies to this wondrous project. And although I cannot be at the actual walk, my family and I will be walking virtually here in California. I hope you will support our efforts by making a donation to support these beautiful children, or even better, join my team (Brooke Burke’s Sunrisers!) and reach out to your friends and family as well. Together, we can change the world for these kids.
How incredible. I love everything about this. I hope everyone is having a fantastic week and those still in school (like me) are getting through dead week and finals!

God bless,
Kailee 

No comments:

Post a Comment