Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 152: Donated to Graduation For Mas

Congratulations class of 2013! This afternoon my mom and I stopped at Taco Bell to grab some grub. As we approached the register we noticed what appeared to be a bucket for chicken that read, "Help a local teen graduate." Confused, I asked the cashier what this was all about? She told my mom and I that  it was a new program that Taco Bell had started, but didn't know too much more. I thought it was only fitting that I ran into this the day of graduation, so I donated a dollar and came home to do some research.

I found that Taco Bell indeed has created a program to encourage high school students to push on towards graduation. If you don't know, Taco Bell's slogan is live mas, so this program is titled 'Graduation for Mas'. The following statement is from CEO of Taco Bell, Greg Creed.
"Simply put, we believe in teens and are actively working on their behalf to identify ways to help them reach their full potential. The Graduate for Mas program ensures that today's teens become tomorrow's leaders, and its success requires the support of communities, business leaders, elected officials and like-minded organizations, like Mark [Wahlberg] and his own Youth Foundation." (Wahlberg, who didn't graudate high school himself, is a spokesperson for Graduation for Mas.)

Congrats,
Kailee


No comments:

Post a Comment