Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 198: Bought Lemonade From A Stand

This morning I was on my way to work, just driving down the road and I saw something glistening in the distance. As I got closer, I realized it was none other than a large pitcher of lemonade. Next to the lemonade pitcher was a young girl holding a sign that said,"lemonade 75 cents!" Of course I had to stop and purchase a refreshing glass of lemonade. However, I gave her a whole dollar instead of a 75 cents. She accepted it and replied by smiling and "Oh, well thank you!"She smiled and waved good-bye and I was on my way.

When I was younger, my friends and I tried selling many things- including lemonade- to raise a little money. So, I know how good it feels when someone did stop and donated even a quarter. Sometimes,  only one person would stop and that person would make my entire day! Maybe I was that one person for her or maybe she had better luck than I ever did! Who knows? But what we do know is, when life gives you lemons make  75 cent lemonade!

God bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment