Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day 185: Cup O Joe For A Joe

Happy Fourth of July! Happy birthday America! Today, is a day of celebration and a day of remembrance. We celebrate our great nation and we remember those who have fallen and those who fight for our freedom, so that we CAN celebrate. This morning the other contestants and I had our Miss Washington interviews and that was proceeded by a very fun time at Ifly (indoor skydiving)! So even though I am quite sequestered at the moment, I still wanted to find a way to show my appreciation to the troops and this beautiful country.


I was doing a little Google search and found an interesting sight called Green Beans Coffee. This is a sight dedicated to providing coffee to our troops. One troop will receive coffee for a small fee of $2. Now, because the majority of us reading this are from Washington State (a.k.a. the Starbucks State) and we love our coffee, we understand the thirst for a cup of joe. Its a warm and simple joy to remind us of warmth and comfort. I, even though know I'm not fond of coffee, know how great it feels to snuggle up on a poor day and just drink some- in my case- hot chocolate. It's a luxury that we all take for granted. We as a great country love to help others and I would love to share a cup a joe with a joe to celebrate our amazing country and freedom!

God bless America, our home sweet home,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment