Monday, July 1, 2013

Day 182: Visited The Children's Hospital

This afternoon, the Miss Washington contestants and I visited the Seattle Children's Hospital to visit with some patients. A few contestants hung out in a play area with a few children, while a few very lucky girls were chosen to visit patients in their rooms. I was so very fortunate to be one of the lucky few to do room visits and meet with a few patients one on one. The girls and I met many outstanding youngsters who are serious warriors! Unfortunately, we were not able to take pictures with the patients because of privacy reasons (understandable), but trust me when I say that I had an incredible time!


There was one patient in particular with special needs that just illuminated when the three girls and I walked into the room. It is a simple moment like that, that make a strenuous week that much more worth it! Each girl and I gave the patient autograph cards and in return he gave them each a kiss and blew us all kisses! It was one of the most precious events I have ever expereicned and one I will treasure forever.

For those who don't know, each year the Miss Washington contestants visit Seattle Children's because of the partnership between Miss America and Children's Miracle Network. Seattle Children's works with both CMN and Ronald McDonald House. All of the money that contestants raise for Miss Washington will be donated to this hospital. To learn more about Seattle Children's, please click here.

God bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment