Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Day 295: It Can Wait

Yesterday was the Teenage Driving Safety Day and this is an important cause to me because I was in a texting and driving accident. Five years ago, I was in a collision with a girl who was texting while driving. I stopped behind the car in front of me and the girl in the car behind me hadn't slowed down and crashed into me at, at least 35 mph. Because my car was an older model, my air bag didn't deploy causing me to hit my head on my steering wheel. Ultimately, fracturing my orbital bone (eye socket) on the steering wheel.

Since that day my life has completely changed and I think it is important that teens are taking a stand. To join the movement, click this link and learn more about pledging for "It Can Wait." I took the pladge to drive without texting. Will you? No text, video or call is worth the risk.



God bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment