Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 278: Walk To End Alzheimer's

This morning was a very special morning for me. Not only did I get to see my amazing parents, but we all got to participate in the Walk To End Alzheimer's. This cause is extremely important and close to my family because we lost my grandpa to this awful disease. The event took place in downtown Spokane and we could not have asked for a more beautiful morning to go for a walk. There were hundreds of people there. Each person there was given a flower windmill to put in their yard. There were 5 or so colors and each one represents something different. My mom picked out the purple flower which represented losing someone to Alzheimer's. I got an orange flower which stood for supporting the cause and hoping for a cure.


Alzheimer's it seems to be the disease that not too many know about, not even doctors. Doctors are still looking for answers and they need all of the support they can get. If you have never heard of Alzheimer's the facts and figures can be a bit startling.

  • 5 millions Americans have Alzheimer's today.
  • It is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States.
  • 1 in 3 seniors will die because of the disease. 
You can learn so much more by going to the national Alzheimer's Association website.
God bless,
Kailee


No comments:

Post a Comment