Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Day 281: Celebrate Your Inner Beauty

This week Eastern is starting something new, Inner Beauty Week. All week several ladies are running  events that are celebrating how beautiful women are inside and out. Today, girls gathered in the Pence Union Building to recognize how lovely they are by taking pictures with a sign with a saying similar to, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
                                         
In addition, the ladies in charge of the event asked that everyone who took a picture also do something nice for a women that has empowered them. For me, I have so many phenomenal women in my life that it was hard to choose just one. However, there is one women that I may have just met recently that is so supportive and is just a superstar. Her name is Michelle Helmerick and she was my advisor for my Habitat For Humanity trip in Maui. While our trip was incredible, we also ran into some unforeseeable trouble. Michelle was such a trooper and made every student on the trip feel safe, loved and important. i don't think that any other person could have handled the situation better than she did. I am so blessed to have her in my life, still encouraging me to dream bigger.

P.S. Thursday evening at 7pm Stacy Nadeau, a Dove model, will be speaking about her experience in Showalter 109. If you didn't know Dove runs a campaign with real women to promote inner beauty. Hope to see you there!

God bless,
Kailee

No comments:

Post a Comment