Friday, October 4, 2013

Day 277: Sig Nu Fall Goods Drive

It is that time of year again! When the leaves begin to change, the air becomes a little more crisp and hearts open just a little. To me, it seems that when fall hits there are enumerate ways that one can give back. This is incredible and I strongly encourage everyone to keep their eyes peeled for opportunities to give back between now and the end of the year! I was at Starbucks today and noticed 4 posters on the bulletin board promoting an event that gives back to the community. Just last night, I saw a poster on my sorority's bulletin board promoting a fraternity's fall goods drive. The flyer is below.
It is a little hard to see, but the flyer was requesting fall clothing, shoes, hygiene products, non-perishable food and school supplies. Once I saw the flyer, I took a trip to the Dollar Tree (such a great place) and did a little shopping! I picked up a few items from each category. They are seen below. I found body wash, pencils, paper, colored pencils, gloves, two cans of soup and toothbrushes with toothpaste. 
If you ever come across a request like this, I dare you to take a step back and ask yourself if you can donate something. Always remember a dollar store is a great source for purchasing products because everything is a dollar!!
God bless,
Kailee


No comments:

Post a Comment